What is Jesmonite
What is Jesmonite?
Jesmonite is an eco-friendly and safe alternative to resin, plaster or concrete. It has become the go-to material for designers and artists looking for an environmentally conscious alternative to traditional building materials or resin based products.
The original compound was an acrylic-modified gypsum composite, that offered an eco-friendly and safe alternative to fiberglass, and provided a lightweight substitute to cast concrete. It has since been developed into a range of bespoke products, used in architecture, construction, as well as in arts and crafts.
- Strong, flexible and more durable, making it high impact resistant.
- Lighter than stone, glass-reinforced concrete, sand and cement products
- Fire resistant, independently fire rated in accordance with European Fire Classification EN 13501-1. Solvent free with no VOCs.
- Water repellant when sealed with special jesmonite sealer
- Greener, as it is water-based not solvent-based, making it kinder to the environment.
Farrago Creations is casting with both Jesmonite AC100 and AC730.
Jesmonite AC100 is a water-based, modified acrylic gypsum composite material, suitable for casting decorative objects with a smooth finish, while Jesmonite AC730 is a rapid setting acrylic modified cementitious composite, suitable for objects with a stone-like finish that can withstand outdoors as well as wet conditions.
You can find more information on jesmonite here.